Either for its bad state or to renew your home decor, we can decide to change the flooring of our house. And meanwhile, to break the monotony and give a new look to a room, we can use different colors, textures and patterns. When rugs are not an option, we have some techniques to create designs that mimic textile or geometricthe patterns to your floors, just come and take a look!
– Hydraulic tile floors: They’re fashion again! Hydraulic tiles are ideal to make interesting small spaces that don’t have too many decorative elements such as corridors, halls, stairs and walkways. The beauty and simplicity of their designs, high durability and versatility have made them the favorite material for current floors.
– Painted or illustrated floors: In a polished cement or wood floor you can use a template with geometric or vegetal designs. You can find a wide range of templates in shops, or also create a completely unique one with your own hands!
– Embossed floors: It’s a similar technique to the painted floors one but, instead of painting on cement, you stamp patterns in relief before it’s completely dry.
– Inlaid floors: We have mentioned before that polished cement floors can be painted and stamped, but the possibilities don’t end here! If you have a polished cement floor it can be embed in different materials such as glass, stone or metal. This has traditionally been done in outdoor areas such as porches or courtyards, and even nowadays you can get beautiful decorative designs with your favourite textures and reliefs.
– Patchwork floors: Ideal for small spaces that don’t allow to place there too many decorative elements, like the hallways or corridors. Tiles of different designs and colors, but of similar size, are put up together on the floor in a colorful mosaic. Besides, if you’re green and follow ecofriendly principles, know that this is a great way to recycle spare tiles!
– Illustrated marble floors: On a marble slab you can draw delicate flowery pattern prints, or whatever your imagination dictates you. This is an ideal way to add a touch of elegance, glamour and sophistication to a classic indoors.